Tuesday, September 21, 2021

Girls in tech

 Girls in tech:

Mjeni

Inspiration to do Software

My brother's thirst for computers was contagious. When I finally got interested, I understood why. I got curious about how the apps on the screens of computers and phones were made, especially games. The excitement that followed with wanting to know all these things later stirred me to want to do sth computer-related. And software eng was the best answer. 

Why are there few girls

Honestly, I think it's because they lack knowledge about it. SW eng is not being "preached" like other prestigious careers.. so it's possible that most people would not be interested. Even universities in Kenya offering this course are few

Who is your role model

A Japanese American lady called Mayuko.I came across her on YouTube at around form four. She stirred me even more to do software and God knows how she has been motivating me ever since.

Did anyone pressure you?

Trust me, I am very stubborn! No one would pressure me to do something I don't want, not even my parents. And I'm thankful that they supported me all the way.

Do you regret taking this course?

No, never. I mean..it is very far from what I was expecting but I do not regret it. Right now, I'm just acquiring knowledge about it, and I admit it gets crazy but I don't know what is yet to come. Who knows what small great things I'll do ahead? So I still want to have a taste of how easy or hard it becomes ahead. Hey! Nothing comes easy.

Would you advise other girls to take this course?

Yes,1000 times, yes. And not only girls but everyone. I'm sure it's definitely something one would enjoy doing every day. It is interesting despite the fact that it gets challenging. But the interesting parts weigh even more. And that's the beauty of it all.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At September 21, 2021 at 2:03 AM , Blogger Stephen said...

👍

 
At September 21, 2021 at 5:06 AM , Blogger DevPaul said...

✨💯

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home